Teaching at Chicago since 2006.
Romance and Semitic Languages, computer technology, second language acquisition, foreign language pedagogy, multimedia enhanced language learning, technology in the humanities, foreign languages with technology, film studies, science, reading, and music.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication skills and extensive educational preparation; in-depth knowledge of cultures related to the study of Arabic, French, and Spanish. Multilingual skills in: Arabic, English, French, and some proficiency in Spanish.
- Ability to create and implement effective teaching methods with an emphasis on encouraging student interaction. Rapport with students, colleagues and administrators.
- “Pages from the life of Gibran Khalil Gibran” Part One and Two: Presentation-at the Arabic Circle, The University of Chicago, March 2007.
- “Fútbol Palestina”: Translated interviews with soccer players for a movie entitled, “Palestinian Soccer,” 2005.
- “Performance in Foreign Languages”: Presentation-at the 46th Annual Convention of the Midwest Modern Language Association (MMLA), St. Louis, Missouri: November, 2004.
- Designed Instructional Interactive CD-ROM Training Module for the Indiana Fire Department. Focused on fire fighting safety procedures when assisting Arabic and Spanish speaking victims: Summer, 2004.
- Publication of my poem “Chemistry Nightmare” in Skylark magazine, Spring 2001.
- Member, Modern Language Association.
- Member, Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- Member, American Association of Teachers of Arabic.
- Member, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).