Ph.D. University of Chicago, 1995.
Teaching at Chicago since 1995.
Aramaic, Biblical Hebrew.
- “PQD Revisited” in Studies in Semitic and Afroasiatic Linguistics Presented to Gene B. Gragg. (Chicago: The University of Chicago, 2007).
- “Aramaic” in The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the World’s Ancient Languages. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004).
- “The Syntax of M) and the Structure of the Marseille Tariff,” Rivista di Studi Fenici 20 (1992): 143-159.
- “Discourse Constraints on Null Complements in Biblical Hebrew,” University of Chicago Working Papers in Linguistics 7 (1991): 18-47.
Academic Honors and Awards
- Grant from the Rathmann Family Foundation for the Syriac Manuscript Project (2007)
- Research Grant from the Women’s Board of the University of Chicago (2003-04)
- Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture Doctoral Scholarship (1993-94)
- University of Chicago Century Fellowship (1988-1992)